In the Beginning:
- Program began on August 15th 1993 as Medivac-1
- First Flight August 20th, 1993
- First Aircraft: A-Star upgraded to Twin Star
- February 15th, 1998 our program made a few changes, we changed names, vendors, colors and aircraft.
- We changed the Program name to LIFESTAR
- An EC-135 was selected as our new aircraft. This EC-135 was #10 produced, and only the third EC to go into EMS service in the U.S.
- Temsco Helicopters of Ketchikan, Alaska was selected as the new vendor.
- A new on-site hanger was built.
- In April of 2003 our program realigned with OMNIFLIGHT Helicopters
- LIFESTAR transitioned into a BK-117 A4 model helicopter.
- LIFESTAR remained the same dedicated critical care transport team.
The Growing Years:
- April 1st 2008 LIFESTAR and Med-Trans Corporation, a leading provider of Air Medical Services, and Northwest Texas Healthcare System joined together to provide dedicated Critical Care Air Transport to the Panhandle and surrounding states.
- A New Bell 407 and New EC135 were provided
- Both will be equipped with NVG's, Satellite Tracking all weather radar and Garmin moving map GPS
- September 2008, A New EC135 was put into service
Not Pictured - Dr. Brian Weis M.D., Ph.D., FACP - Medical Director